Welcome to VoiceKeyboard.
Speech recognition software
Voice commands with speech recognition.
Speech recognition (or voice recognition) is nowadays widely used as a personal assistant and for dictation. In addition, it is also possible to give commands to a computer in a simple and transparent way with your voice. Many programs and functions on your computer can be controlled with key combinations (shortcuts or hotkeys).
The VoiceKeyboard software makes it possible to link a word or phrase to keys, shortcuts and mouse buttons. With this you can now send the relevant key, shortcut or mouse button to the active program on your computer with your voice.
This is not only efficient but also provides more rest for the hand and arm because fewer hand movements are required between the keyboard and mouse. That way you can prevent or reduce RSI.
Features of the speech recognition software:
- Control your computer with your voice.
- Determine your favorite key combinations yourself and give them a name of your choice.
- No internet connection needed, everything stays on your own computer.
- Transparent and easy to use.
- Increasing efficiency.
- Prevents and reduces RSI complaints.
What do you need.
- Windows 10.
- A good microphone, preferably with a USB connection. But a microphone built into a laptop can works as well.
- The VoiceKeyboardOne or VoiceKeyboardPlus app.
- A speechrecognizer. See Tips and Tricks
Which voice command app do you need?
If English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Spanish, Japanese or Mandarin (Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional) is installed on your computer, it's best to choose VoiceKeyboardPlus. Note that for Japanese and simplified/traditional Chinese you need to adjust the "Key names" yourself.
If a different language is installed on your computer but you want to use one of the above languages, then also choose VoiceKeyboardPlus.
If you want to use Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Danish, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish or Russian then choose VoiceKeyboardOne. Please note that except for Dutch, Italian and Spanish you need to adjust the "Key names" yourself.
If you want to use the app in a language other than the language installed on your computer, you can install a speech recogniser in your prefered language. You dont need to make this new language the default language on your computer.
How does the VoiceKeyboard app work.
Say the name of a key or key combination and this one will be sent to the active window.
By default all keys on your keyboard (and more) are already available in the VoiceKeyboard app. You can say all these key names with or without a so called modifier key (shift, control, alt or windows).
Say “A” and the letter a will be typed in the active window. Say “Shift A” and the letter A will be typed. Say “Control A” and you select all in the active window. Say “Windows A” and you will open the Action Center. You can even say “Control Alt A” if a focused program uses this shortcut.
Although you have access to a lot of key’s and key combinations in the app by default, it can be hard to remember these combinations. It would be better if you can give them a easy to remember name and use this in the VoiceKeyboard program. You can use my keys to create key combinations with an easy to remember name. Some examples already have been added to the app. For instance you can say “Partial screenshot” instead of “Windows Shift S” in order to make a screenshot of a part of your screen. Beside the already available key combinations you can add new combinations with none, one or two modifier keys and a standard key. For example in the tool I am programming in, the F5 key (function 5 key) is used for starting the program. So I have made a My key F5 with the name “Start program”. If however Internet explorer has the focus. F5 can be used to refresh the page that is shown. In order to refresh the Internet explorer page I have multiple options. I can say “Function 5” or “Start program” or I can create a new My key F5 with the name “Refresh page”. So the most logical thing to do is make a new my key.
Using the Alt key in combination with a number gives you a Symbol in the active window. A number of symbols is already available in the program but you can easily add new ones. You can choose from 65535 symbols. See this link.
By default most Mouse clicks and mouse movements are already available in the VoiceKeyboard app. You can say all these clicks and moves with or without a so called modifier key’s (shift, control, alt and windows). You can for instance say “Left double click” or “Shift left double click”. Of course the mouse clicks and movements can also be used in the My keys section of the program.
In the my text section of the VoiceKeyboard app you can add free text and give it a name. For instance you can add your name and give it the name “My name”. Now every time you say “My name” your name appears in the active window.
- The names of the default keys and names you created yourself can be anything, they even don’t have to be real words like for instance “Tralala”.
- If you have difficulty to make one or more letters understood by the speech recognizer you can omit or replace that letter in a name. If you have problems with the letter “R” you can try “popeties” or “plopelties” instead of “properties”.
- Press the “Regular keys”, “My keys”, “Symbols”, “Mouse” or “My text” buttons in the app the to see which key (combination) whit what name is already available.
- See this page for more Tips and tricks.
Be aware of your environment.
- Keep background noise to a reasonable minimum. Close windows to block out street noise, or turn down the volume of the radio on your desk.
- Close or stop all other computer applications using sound.
If you encounter any problems or have wishes, please contact us.